A Quick Guide To Tuition and Fees
Dear Students: “The General Assembly” establishes tuition rates in the State budget or related legislation. Effective 2016 Spring Semester, The General Assembly has approved a $4.00 per credit hour increase.
Credit Track Courses
At Forsyth Tech, as at most colleges, credit track courses earn you credit hours toward a degree. Most courses earn 3-4 credit hours. Tuition is charged per credit hour and is based on your North Carolina resident or non-resident status. Information about determining resident or non-resident status is available here.
Current tuition for North Carolina residents is $76.00 per credit hour. Current tuition for non-residents is $268.00 per credit hour. Use the chart below to calculate your tuition cost based on the number of credit hours you will earn. If you take more than 16 hours in a semester, you will not be charged beyond the cost of those 16 hours. Please see Tuition and Fees or call 336.734.7210 for more information.
2015-2016 Tuition For Students Enrolled In Curriculum Programs
|Credit Hours||In-State Tuition for North Carolina Residents||Out-of State Tuition for Non-North Carolina Residents/International|
|16 or more||$1,216.00||$4,288.00|
- Student Activity Fee – $35.00 for Fall Semester, $35.00 for Spring Semester, no fee for Summer Semester.
- Computer Use & Technology Fee – $30.00 for 11 credit hours or less, $48.00 for 12 credit hours or more each semester.
- Lab Fees – applicable for certain courses, amounts vary.
- Parking Decals – $25.00 per fiscal year.
- Books and Supplies – Cost varies depending on courses taken.
- Liability Insurance for Health Students – All health students must purchase annual liability insurance before engaging in lab or clinical practice. The cost for the insurance varies according to the credit program and insurance carrier.
North Carolina law (General Statute 115D) establishes the community college system’s tuition and fees, and the charges are subject to change without notice.
Please see Tuition and Fees for more information.
Economic and Workforce Development Courses
The costs of Economic and Workforce Development courses vary greatly (some are even free) and can be found in the latest Economic and Workforce Development catalog.
Net Price Calculator
The Net Price Calculator allows prospective students to calculate an estimated net price for attending Forsyth Tech using the following basic formula: Price of Attendance minus Gift Aid.
The estimates generated by the template do not represent a final determination, or actual award, of financial assistance, or a final net price. They are only estimates based on the information entered by the student, the average price of attendance and financial aid provided to students in a given year. Actual attendance costs may be different based on a variety of factors and circumstances not incorporated within the Net Price Calculator and gift aid funding levels will vary from year to year.