Forsyth Tech is charged with serving the residents of both Forsyth and Stokes counties. To make it more convenient for Stokes County residents to take Forsyth Tech courses, we offer classes at many locations in that area. These include curriculum classes for college credit (listed by facility below) and Economic and Workforce Development (EWD) classes. To find EWD classes in Stokes County, see our online EWD catalog and look in the Stokes County section.
Stokes County Class And Program Locations
The Forsyth Tech Stokes County Center at 1165 Dodgetown Road in Walnut Cove is home to Stokes Early College High School and also offers college credit classes and adult education classes in Practical Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistant, EMT Basic, Medical Office Certificate—Medical Receptionist and Adult Basic Skills. Currently housed in temporary facilities, financing for a permanent facility has been approved and will be constructed at the Dodgetown Road location.
The Northwest Forsyth Center, located at 3111 Big Oaks Drive in King, serves the residents of Stokes County by offering these academic programs:
- Basic Law Enforcement Training
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Criminal Justice Technology/Latent Evidence
- Emergency Medical Science
- Emergency Medical Science-Bridging Program
- Emergency Preparedness Technology
- Fire Protection Technology
- Industrial Systems Technology
The facility also offers a variety of Economic and Workforce Development courses.
Camp Sertoma, located at 1105 Camp Sertoma Drive in Westfield, offers a variety of Economic and Workforce Development courses.
The Stokes Small Business Center at 904 N. Main St. in Walnut Cove offers business people and entrepreneurs these services:
- Confidential one-on-one counseling
- Small business development seminars
- Computer classes
- Lunch and Learn seminars
- Resume development
- Job search assistance
- Assistance with financial aid and college applications
- Assistance from representatives of WIA (Workforce Investment Act), E-links, Vocational Rehabilitation and Equal Opportunity Center (on selected days)
Our small business services are also available at other locations, including the King Senior Center, King Public Library, Walnut Cove Senior Center and Stokes County Government Center.
The Stokes Opportunity Center, at 1080 Neal Road in Walnut Cove, is the location of the Forsyth Tech Compensatory Education Development (CED) program for adults (at least age 17) who have been diagnosed as being mentally handicapped or are considered adults functioning on an equivalent level resulting from a head or brain injury.
For CED Entrance Requirements, please contact Pam Glenn at 336.734.7763.